What is rosacea?
Rosacea is a disease of the skin and is very common. It commonly affects peoplr who are over 30 years of age. It manifests as a redness on nose, cheeks , forehead and skin. Some people also get little pimples and bumps in these regions. Rosacea may cause a sore eyes or a burning sensation in them.
The exact cause id unknown but it is suggested that abnormal blood vessels or a reaction to microscopic mites on the skin may be the reason of rosacea.
The following factors may worsen the case of rosacea.
• Strenuous exercise
• Hot drinks
• Hot or cold weather
• Certain kinds of foods
• The symptoms begin with flushing episodes
• Permanent redness
• Burning sensation
• Stinging sensation
• Spots like papules and pustules
• Minute blood vessels become visible in the skin
There are no permanent cures but the disease can be controlled by-
• Antibiotics and medications are used to control the redness and breakouts
• Moisturizers and Sunscreen is used to protect the sensitive skin.
• Eye drops and artificial tears are used to treat dry and irritates eyes.
• Cosmetic surgery can be advised for thick or bumpy skin.
Try these steps to prevent rosacea getting worse.
• Identify and avoid triggers
• Protect your face from the sunlight
• Give gentle care to your skin
• Take special care of your eyes
What you can expect when you visit our clinics
1. Stop by our front desk to visit a certified Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant. No appointment is required.
2. Your medical practitioner will examine your medical background, go over your medical issues, perform an examination and supply you with an individualized plan for treatment. This might consist of non-prescription items or a medical prescription.
3. Towards the end of your visit to our clinic, your medical attendant will give you an overview, an invoice and some instructional material may be given.
4. The overview of your clinic visit can be forwarded to your primary health care provider with your authorization.