Click Here to download the Ohio High School Athletic Association Preparticipation Physical Evaluation Form
What are sports physicals?
Sports physicals, also known as pre-participation physicals are a set of examinations that evaluates whether your child is fit to participate in the chosen field of sports. Children always benefit from participating in sports irrespective of their ages. They learn qualities and life skills like time management, team work, conflict resolution and competition. The gains from exercising and participating in sports almost always outweighs the risks they may pose. But it is also important that the child undergo a physical before the participation to make sure no harm comes to your child.
Why are they important?
• The physicals makes sure that your child is absolutely fit for participation.
• Regular physicals help ensure that your child stays healthy and any potential illness or injury can be diagnosed and treated immediately.
• Your healthcare provider may even have tips and ideas for better and injury free participation.
• Undergoing a sports physical is mandatory in many states.
What to expect in a Sports physical?
• A sports physical is very different than a usual physical as it is done with the particular sport in mind.
• It will be more specific and limited as compared to a standard physical.
• The child and parents must provide the healthcare provider with all the necessary information honestly and not try to hide any medical conditions and injuries
• Most children are cleared for participation. It is important that those who are asked to attend more follow up, do so.
What you can expect when you visit our clinics
1. Stop by our front desk to visit a certified Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant. No appointment is required.
2. Your medical practitioner will examine your medical background, go over your medical issues, perform an examination and supply you with an individualized plan for treatment. This might consist of non-prescription items or a medical prescription.
3. Towards the end of your visit to our clinic, your medical attendant will give you an overview, an invoice and some instructional material may be given.
4. The overview of your clinic visit can be forwarded to your primary health care provider with your authorization.
Insurance is not accepted for physicals or TB testing and payment is due at the time of visit.